Friday, May 18, 2012

Yummy Greens

It's salad time! It's been a month since we planted the salad mix in the garden and it has GROWN! It's so nice to have early season bounty!

I snipped a few bits today for a taste test. I've also been reading up online about homemade salad dressing in preparation for this summer's salad fest (which is what I'm calling the forthcoming bounty of greens.) Store-bought is expensive, filled with sugar, and well, EXPENSIVE. I would rather make my own. Especially since my garden is going to be so loaded with herbs. Perfect for dressing!

I fount THIS very helpful post about making homemade dressing. I tailored the vinaigrette recipe to fit my pantry and herb garden -- I used fresh spicy oregano, fresh rosemary, and french tarragon. I also added a bit of honey as a sweetener.

The results:


Here's my recipe for Fresh Herb Vinaigrette -- remember, tailor to your own spices & herbs at will!
1/2 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
1 Tablespoon Honey
1 Tablespoon Dry Mustard
2 Tablespoons total of fresh chopped herbs including Rosemary, Oregano and French Tarragon
3/4 Cups Olive Oil

Include all ingredients except the olive oil in a jar and shake (or stir.)
Add olive oil and shake again.
Separation is normal, shake up before serving! Enjoy!

AMAZING! Yum, yum and more yum!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...