Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Valentine's Day Clam Chowder

Wow, I managed to get really far behind in updating all of the wonderful creations I have been dutifully whipping up in the kitchen. But don’t fear, I am going to spend the next few days getting everything up to speed in a quick and easy manner.
For Valentine’s Day this year I decided to pull out the trusty Soup Bible and make something that I’ve never tired before: Clam Chowder. I figured, I’m in Boston after all, why not celebrate this romantic holiday like a true New Englander. I’ve never made clam chowder before, though I have made steamed clams and mussels in broth.

Everything about this recipe went fabulously. It was very hearty and delicious, especially since I used nice, fresh clams that came from Maine. Also, it was a very attractive dish in my humble opinion, since it was served with nice chunks of potato, baby corn, clams that were both in and out of the shell, and then garnished with sliced limes.

Overall score: 9 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...