Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Pear Crisp

I am really not a pie person, but I do LOVE apple crisp. So, when I saw this recipe for pear crisp I knew I had to try it. I made mine with Asian and Bosc pears which I sliced up and then layered into a glass casserole pan. This recipe was so ridiculously easy that I was almost concerned that it was too good to be true, but alas, it lived up to expectations! 

It was soft, tasty, and crispy on top with light hints of sugar and cinnamon. Plus, it was amazing when served warm with a dollop of vanilla ice cream (errr... or three dollops as is evident from my picture). The only downside was that it made A LOT and I couldn’t eat it all, even after indulging in it for a few days. It would definitely be a great thing to make for an easy dessert for a dinner party though.

Overall score: 10 out of 10. (Wahoo, complete success!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...