Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Oh avocado, how I love you!

To say I like avocados would be a lie. Because really, I LOVE them. Everything is better with avocados! Perhaps it’s because I grew up in California, or maybe it’s because I spent 3 years in Arizona… whatever the reason, I love avocados. And Mexican food. Like, a lot. I think I could eat a burrito every day for the rest of my life and be happy. Yes, variety is the spice of life BUT there are so many varieties of burrito that I think I could be pretty happy with nothing but them forever. Bold, I know. Though perhaps I would like to switch it up a bit for the burrito’s finger-food version: nachos. I could walk into a restaurant with my mind set on eating a hamburger or chicken wings or pasta and once I see nachos on the menu about half of the time I will stray from whatever entree I had previous been craving and choose the nachos instead.

So with my obsessive love of Mexican food I obviously learned how to make guacamole at a young age. Over the years I have perfected it and found what works, what I like, etc. My current way of guacamole usually includes some chopped up onion, a tomato, cilantro, lime juice, peppers, and maybe a tad of hot sauce or spicy salsa depending on my mood. I don’t measure and I’m not precise. And I like it that way, for some reason it feels more authentic.

Well, this post was inspired by last night’s dinner : guacamole made with two avocados (with the perfect squishy freshness), a chopped up tomato, red onion, cilantro and lime juice. Boy, I love guacamole but it has a face for radio. If you are not a guacamole fan there is nothing about this picture that will make your mouth water. But as gross as it looks, I find consolation in the fact that it tastes one billion times better.

Cheers!

PS: I’m making a bold attempt at trying to grow my own avocado plants. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...