Monday, November 23, 2009

Artichoke, Olive, and Feta Pizza

By happenstance I’ve found myself part of a Tuesday tradition where I pick a recipe out of a cookbook then hit the kitchen to experiment. A tasty meal and some good (cheap) wine, and Tuesdays never looked better. Since I only recently started posting my food adventures I’ll give a little rundown of creations of the past few weeks. Here’s what I’ve been making:

4 Weeks Ago... For months now I have had the desire to make my very own pizza pie. I finally went to Bed, Bath & Beyond and picked out a pizza stone (which I deemed as a necessity because it helps make the crust crispy --- the way I like it!). I wanted to start with something a little traditional, but not quite a pizza margarita, so I settled on this greek inspired offering from the book “Pizza, Grill It, Bake It, Love It!”. I felt like a real chef when I added my very own flair to the recipe by using not only feta cheese but also some goat cheese crumbles too. I really wanted to make my own dough/crust, but I ran out of time and effort so I settled on Trader Joe’s’ fresh made garlic and herb dough. I’m pretty glad I did that because I probably would have been a little overwhelmed by my pizza attempt had I made the dough myself (will probably give it a shot next time, though). I did have a little trouble getting the dough all flattened out on the stone (it kept wanting to curl back up into a ball before I could get all of the toppings on there!). It ended up working out though, and for my first-ever pizza attempt I would call it a success. Crispy crust and all! Score: 6 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...